Special Events on City Property

SEP Brochure pic

Hosting a Community Event

Any event or activity occurring on municipal property (green spaces, parks, streets, sidewalks and parking lots) will need to submit a permit application. The Parks, Recreation & Culture Department reviews all permit applications. 

An application is required if...

It is a pre-planned, one time, annual or infrequent event occurring activity; or involves the use of or has impact on public property, facilities, parks, sidewalks, streets, parking lots owned or controlled by the City of Revelstoke.

These include but are not limited to:

Bicycle/foot races, sidewalk sales, parades, weddings, celebrations, family reunions, fundraisers, open air concerts and car shows.

Event Application Deadlines

Permit applications should be submitted a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the event.

Any event involving alcohol will need to submit a CAPE application at least three months in advance.

Permit applications will still be accepted up to 30 days prior to the event date, however priority is given to applications received before the deadline date.

Application Process

You can pick up a Special Event Permit at the Parks, Recreation & Culture  Department located at 600 Campbell Ave. or access the fillable form button above.

E-mail the completed form to prc@revelstoke.ca or drop off at 600 Campbell Ave. 

All permits will be reviewed as they are received. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application within 2-4 weeks.

Events serving alcohol will need to establish and have in place a Designated Driver Program, following the City of Revelstoke's Policy.

For More Information...

Read the Tourism Revelstoke Event Planning Guide on the right to find all the information you need in one place.