Street Lighting

Maintenance Responsibilities

Maintenance of street lights is divided between the Municipality of Revelstoke and BC Hydro. If the street light has a metal pole, it is maintained by the City of Revelstoke and is identified with a yellow tab with an R followed by a number. If it has a wooden pole, it is maintained by BC Hydro and is identified by a small metal plate with a 7- to 11-digit number.

Reporting Problems

To report a street light problem, complete the Street Light Maintenance Form or contact the Public Works Department at (250) 837-2001. Please have ready the following information:
  • Location of the light
  • Street light identification number (either the R number or the 7- to 11- digit number)